Life is too short to read books you don't want to read. I have come to this conclusion again after struggling mightily with Ada Palmer's novel Too Like the Lightning. The book is full of wonderful concepts, including how a militantly irreligious society deals with a genuine miracle, but I found the writing style impenetrable and the plot too glacial. Tellingly, while on hiatus from the book, I finished both Scalzi's Collapsing Empire and Joe Zieja's Mechanical Failure. Sometimes, the book is not for you. So, this one goes on the shelf and I'm moving on to Alex Well's Hunger Makes the Wolf.
- 1: Let's Make A Deal, or Walk in the Other Guy's Shoes
- 2: In Answer To A Question
- 3: Guns, Fictional and Real
- 4: The Ex-Smoker Problem.
- 5: From Russia With Love
- 6: Alternate Realities, Take Whatever
- 7: Three Short Thoughts, Car Talk Edition
- 8: More Flying Cars, and Fundraising Ahead
- 9: Friday Afternoon Long Read
- 10: The Walking Dead
Expand Cut Tags
No cut tags